Monday, January 23, 2006

Art Historians are the devil........


I received my grades this morning and critiques from CMRS. HA ....well grades i did well on and am fairly proud of....however I have found out that in the case of this particular program I was on they do NOT count in my grade point....ROAR. This is slightly irritating since they would have raised it darnit. Bitter irony rules my life. Watch this next semester will probably wreck havoc upon my gradepoint forcing me to drop out and become a hermit in south America with a only grub worms and a card board box to rely on. An exaggeration....Well maybe. This being said I also would like to take this opportunity to rant about one of my teachers who shall remain nameless *cough Athene *. This woman and I didn't get along. Which is weird because usually its other students I clash with, if at all. She claimed that i didn't listen to her. I have never had a teacher who said that about me. If fact quite to the contrary that is one of the qualities most of my teachers appreciate. I have been guilty of not paying attention. Usually this occurred in high school and most notably in math and Spanish class (so I was reading .....Who needs math anyway). However when it comes to listening, particularity one on one, about a subject I am definitely interested in I am eager to hear a teachers thoughts. THATS WHY I AM PAYING YOU ....TO TEACH ME. not the other way around. She apparently didn't get this...and I quote..."She (as in me), could consider whether her eagerness to share her own ideas interferes a bit with her ability to listen to other ideas and perspectives" WHAT IS THIS CRAP? ha. Listen I am sure this comment sprung from the last time i had the umm....pleasure of her company. We took a field trip to the Ashmolen art museum to look at Italian Renaissance work of all things.....(by the way this class was entitled Caroloingian and Romanesque Art and Architecture...so it makes sense we would go and study art work that occured centuries later). I made a comment to the effect of how interesting it was that one of these artist used a particularly bright color in the background of one of his painting which through off perspective. She countered with that there was no possible way he could have known about color perspective (however this artist was the father of line perspective....could it be possible he saw some sort of connection...a possibility) I was saying it was fact i was throwing in an observation...one that she didn't agree with. And when i tried to make clear that this comment was merely an observation she got uber pissed with me....Hence....the negative comment. Woo.......Ok...I am done with my rant. It is over and done with I got my grade and I am done with her lot....On to bigger and better things......Like hmm.....cofffee . well must go to class now...will update later on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home