Thursday, November 10, 2005

A funny thing happened on the Way to the forum


Well maybe not the forum...But I thought a rather amusing thing happened at the starbucks in borders on St. Giles street...(yeah that's right I actually have to clarify which starbucks I was in, as I discovered there are actually 3..). I was sitting in the cafe, drinking a grande ginger-bread no whip latte reading a sorrid romance novel pirated from the bookstore, when an extremely attractive British man with a smile that could rival Hugh Grants decides to sit at my table as there was no where else to sit at the moment. The results were disastrous.... It went something like this :

charming British man: 'ello....Mind if I sit here luv while I wait for my coffee?

me (desperately trying to hid the cover of my book) : uhhh...gag cough ...sure?

Charming British man : brilliant....oh you're an American....Studying here for the year?

ME (panicked look because I know where this is going): umm...Term....(quickly takes a sip of grande ginger-bread no-whip latte)

Charming british man : that's wonderful...Bet you're reading for class eh....What are you reading....

Me: (starts choking on the sip of grande ginger-bread no-whip latte...Shooting sprays of the rather expensive drink all over the book and the table...As he gets a look at the cover...)

Charming British man....Yes still charming...: ah yes....Oh there's my coffee have a good day .....

My reaction: WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY SOOOOOO AWKWARD WHY WHY WHY ...Damn I got latte all over my book which i haven't purchased and plan to put right back on the shelf.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home